Hengstdijk is a village in the municipality of Hulst in the Dutch province of Zeeland. The village has 534 inhabitants (January 1, 2010) and is one of the oldest villages of East Zeeland-Flanders. The dike to which the village is located was raised in 1161. Immediately thereafter a parish was established. The polishing was performed by monks of the Abbey of Our Lady Ten Dunes.
The village is located on the creek De Vogel and had an open connection with the Westerschelde. After the Second World War, the level of facilities of the village has fallen sharply; However, a church from 1892 and a secondary school can still be found.
Until 1936 Hengstdijk was an independent municipality to which the neighborhoods Oostdijk and Oude Stoof belonged. Between 1936 and 1970 it was part of the municipality of Vogelwaarde; Thereafter from Hontenisse and since 2003 of the municipality of Hulst.