Klimmen - called Limburg's Klumme - is a village in the municipality of Voerendaal with almost 3500 inhabitants. Until 1982, Klimmen was an independent municipality.
Klimmen also includes the Barrier, Overheek and part of Heek. Other nearby hamlets that are under administrative control include Craubeek, Retersbeek, Termaar and Weustenrade. Most of these are around the village as ribbons grow along the roads. The village itself is concentrated, the church is situated on the edge of the village and forms the main entrance from Heerlen.
The Saint Remigius church dates from the 11th century and the 14th century tower. The present Romanian character of the church is for the most part the result of the restoration carried out from 1904 to 1906. Other interesting sights include the Holy Heart Picture at the Klimmenderstraat Vrijthof, the Old Town Hall on the Klimmenderstraat and the Vrijheidsdomein. The Vrijthof and Sint-Remigius church are two of the sixteen entries in the national monument register Klimmen counts. Other national monuments include a railway bridge, a mooring mill and several farms and houses.
By Klimmen the two variants of the Mergelland route, climb the Hellebeuk bungalow park. The climbing route climbs Climbing and its neighborhoods.