Accommodations in Wehe Den Hoorn
Wehe-den Hoorn is a village in the Dutch province of Groningen. The village has about 800 inhabitants and consists of two parts: Wehe (around the mound) and Den Hoorn (near the canal the Hoornse Vaart). The European walking route E9 runs through this town, also known locally as the North Sea Trail or Wad- en Wierdenpad.
Just north of the village once stood the borg Borgweer or the Starkenborgh, the residence of the Tjarda van Starkenborgh Stachouwer family. In the former reformed church of Wehe you can find reminders of this, such as coats of arms and a crypt. The Van Starkenborgh Canal is named after a member of this family. The monumental Borgweer farm was built around 1900 at the beginning of the driveway.
The reformed church of Wehe dates back to the 13th century, and the first Catholic church (a barn church) was founded in 1733. In 1803 a simple church in neoclassical style was built to replace the latter, and in 1926 the current St. Boniface Church was built. On the Cleveringastraat there is also a kingdom shop of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
In total, the town of Wehe-den Hoorn has eleven entries in the national monument register, including the Reformed Church and the St. Boniface Church.