Helenaveen is a village in the Peel highland area, located in the southeast of the town of Deurne. Helenaveen was founded in 1853 by the Chief of Water Administration.
The Helenave Society left a private canal, the Helena Cave. The black turf that was won here could be taken to Noordervaart alongside. Later, turf litter was also manufactured and the concession was expanded. There was even a floating turfstroois factory in Helenaveen. The turf litter was exported to whole Europe and served as a replacement for straw in the London and Paris halls for army and tram. Side channels (neighborhoods) were dug. Also roads were built and houses built for the workers. Originally, this was partly spread chain. Thus formed the Helena-Veen, nicknamed The Sprays Village. The houses also got a lot of land on which the residents could practice land and horticulture. In the end, Helenaveen became a horticultural village. The dyeing was still in the 70's of the 20th century.
The décor structure and the associated concentrated village of Helenaveen are of such great cultural and historical significance that the village became a village in 1999. Helenaveen and Griendtsveen are the only peat colonies in southern Netherlands.
To the north of Helenaveen are the large Peel Reserves Deurnsche Peel and Mariapeel. And in the southwest there is the Zinkske Peel reserve. Helenaveen is situated on the border with Limburg and some cultural history walks by Helenaveen are described.