Ruurlo (in the Lower Saxon Reurle) is a village in the Gelderse Achterhoek, in the municipality of Berkelland, with nearly 8000 inhabitants. The village (and the independent municipality) Ruurlo was merged with Borculo, Eibergen and Neede as of 1 January 2005 to the new municipality of Berkelland.
Around Ruurlo lies the property Het Broek, Brinkmanshoek, De Bruil, The Haar, De Heurne and Veldhoek. In the village is the only manufacturing industry, the area has many agricultural and animal husbandry companies. Tourism is another existence pillar, the village is attractive due to its location in the Achterhoek coulisseland and the presence of historical heritage.
Ruurlo Castle is already mentioned in 1326 and the village church in the center of Ruurlo dates back to the 14th century. Many social facilities in Ruurlo were originally established with the cooperation of the castle master; From mill to maze and from medical care to education. The castle was used as a town hall until the merger with the other municipalities of Berkelland, after a restoration in the early 1980s. In 2003, next to the castle, the orangery was rebuilt in 1879, which serves as a tea house. By the end of 2012, the castle was sold to an entrepreneur, with the intention of establishing a museum with sculpture garden.
Further places of interest include the Saint Willibrord church of 1869, the Chapel of Barchemseweg of 1885, the 1892 Doolhof, a 1881 sawmill, Agneta (a sawmill), and the Kroezeboom: a multicolored oak which is at least 300 Year old
Reservation system by Booking Experts