Accommodations in Laren
From 1865, Laren had its own station on the Zutphen – Hengelo railway line. Since 1938, no trains have stopped. The existing station building is a municipal monument. It is presumably designed by architect K.H. Van Brederode. It was built in 1863-1865. At the opening it was called Harkelbrug, which later became Laren-Almen station. In 1925 the name was changed to Laren station.
The rich folklore of the village was described by H.W. at the beginning of the twentieth century. Heuvel in his “Oud-Achterhoeks Boerenleven, all year round”, a book that became a classic in folk culture. In addition, the famous actor Albert Mol lived in Laren in 2004 until his death.