Wolphaartsdijk (in Zeeuws Wolfersdiek) is a village in the municipality of Goes, in the Dutch province of Zeeland, near the much smaller Oud-Sabbinge. The village has more than 2,000 inhabitants and today Wolphaartsdijk is located in South Beveland, just south of the Veerse Meer. In the Middle Ages Wolphaartsdijk and the older Oud-Sabbinge lay on the island of Wolphaartsdijk. To the north of the island, the Zuidvliet and the Zandkreek, east the Oosterschelde south the Schenge flowed. At large floods in 1287, the polder of Oud-Sabbinge was one of the few in Zeeland that did not fall. This polder did not happen until 1953. The polder of Wolphaartsdijk was younger; There was also a Vidsberg where the village would originate. The vliedberg was demolished in 1844. In the 16th century, the area was much to endure. The Hungry Polder was lost after storms in 1530, 1532 and finally the St. Pontian flood in 1552, and due to poor maintenance due to poverty. Also the All Saints Flood of 1570 caused destruction; The Westkerke and Westerland polder disappeared until 1665 in the sea. Prior to the Battle of Goes in 1572, the geows also destroyed the churches of Oud-Sabbinge and Wolphaartsdijk. Wolphaartsdijk has a total of six national monuments, including the East or Nicolaus church, Veldzicht farm, De Hoop mill and the Johannes ab Utrecht Dressel house memorial. In addition, an agricultural barn and a wooden jetty of a former feather are registered as a municipal monument of this place.