Lutten (Lower Saxony: Lutn) is a core in the municipality of Hardenberg in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is a village village, originated in the nineteenth century along the former canal of Dedemsvaart. Initially, the still scanty settlement - also in official documents - was often referred to as Dedemsvaart (municipality of Ambt Hardenberg), this in honor of the same name village in the municipality of Avereest. Later the name Lutten came to the Dedemsvaart in swang. The village has more than 2100 inhabitants.
Lutten is originally (ca.1850) a peat colony. Long before, a number of farmers settled on a sandrug between the marshes. The land was divided into lots (lots) between them. These are in the present Old Lutten, something northeast of the current village. After the construction of Dedemsvaart and the excavation of the peat layer, the soil was made suitable for small scale agriculture. Along the canal and cattle habits, farms and houses were built. The farmers usually had a mixed farm, ie with field and pasture. A number of farmers from Groningen bought some bigger pieces of land. Because of their many potatoes, Lutten became a potato flour factory, "De Banaanbreker". Slowly, middle classers settled in the village and built churches and schools.
In the middle of the village, the construction of the Dutch Reformed Church began in 1854. In 1857, Jan van Loo built the organ, which was taken into use in 1858. (See also Youtube, Van Loo organ).