Ysselsteyn is a village in the municipality of Venray in the province of Limburg. The village was named after his designer Hendrik Albert van IJsselsteyn, Minister of Agriculture (1918-1922). It is one of the larger church villages of Venray and lies in the heart of the Peel on the border with Limburg and Brabant. The village was founded in 1921.
Ysselsteyn has about 30 associations. Many neighborhood associations originated from carnival activities. S.V. Ysselsteyn (football / korfbal) and T.V. Ysselsteyn (tennis) are the biggest sports clubs and play an important role in the Ysselstein community.
At the village of Ysselsteyn there is a 30 hectare military cemetery for more than 30000 German soldiers killed during World War II. A part of it was buried elsewhere, but later buried in Ysselsteyn so that it is now the only German military cemetery in the Netherlands. In addition, there are 85 diggers of German soldiers from the First World War. These soldiers were killed in Belgium or France (the Netherlands was neutral during the First World War), after which they arrived in the Netherlands via the Meuse.
The site Ysselsteyn has a total of thirteen registrations in the national register. Below are many littermats (K30 to K39, all 1939-1940), an archaeological monument (a field with a mesolithic flint site) and a shore of 1939.