Oostrum (in Limburgs: Aostrem or Aostrum) is the largest church town of Venray municipality. The village is seen as a growth core. It has a history that can be returned to at least 1200 when the name Oostrum was already in historical history. There are about 2300 people living in Oostrum.
Around 1400 a monumental church was built, replacing a 13th century predecessor. This church started a tower, but it was only completed in 1888. In the 1930's, a large three-legged church was built against the old ship, causing a change in space in a kind of hallway. In 1944 the church was inflated. In 1952-1953 the war injury was restored. The tower was placed under one roof. A roof rafter was also placed on the roof. The church owns Our Lady of the Crank, a 15th century miracle and pilgrimage.
The cemetery of Oostrum, Trans Cedron, is decorated with a crossroad park consisting of 11 sculpted statues in 11 chapels and 3 statues in a crotch cave. In addition to some church parts, the mills of Oostrumse Watermolen and Rosmolen are also listed as one of the eight national monuments in Oostrum.
Reservation system by Booking Experts