Accommodations in Merselo

Merselo is a village in the municipality of Venray with more than 1000 inhabitants. Merselo developed as a settlement near a forest, swamp or marsh forest.

The village is located on the edge of the Peel nature reserve and about 10 kilometers from the Meuse. Characteristic of Merselo is that it is an esdorp which also houses the highest point of North Limburg: the Weverslose Berg. Merselo has a flourishing society in which music and sports play a central role. On the music scene, Fanfare St. Oda and the Rosentaler blow up her party. Both appear in the highest amateur classes. The same goes for the drum band St. Oda. All three music groups have been able to hold many (inter) national awards.

In sports area, Merselo manifests itself through the National Row Association and Ponyclub St. Jan, football and basketball club SV Merselo, Handbagschietvereniging St. Hubertus, The Nature Friends Association and the Billiards Association O.P.M.

The first church of Merselo dates from 1400. The ship was replaced in 1664, and this ship took place in 1890-1891 for the present church of St. John the Doperkerk. This church was built to the design of architect Johannes Kayser. During the war only the traps were severely damaged. This was restored to J. Colsen's design in 1960. In the village is the Never Thought, a belt mill which today grinds grain on a voluntary basis.

 

               

 

Copyright 1993 - 2018 | Centrum voor Groepsaccommodaties

Reservation system by Booking Experts