Accommodations in Sinderen
Sinderen is a village in the Dutch province of Gelderland. Previously, it was located on the border of the former municipalities of Gendringen and Wisch. The village is located at the junction, a crossroads, between Varsseveld (in the north), Dinxperlo (in the south) and Gendringen (in the southwest). The village of Sinderen has about 1000 inhabitants.
There used to be a castle in Sinderen, which was probably built in the 12th century. On old topographical maps, the size and location of the former castle grounds are still clearly visible. On a map of the land registry from 1830, the house with the coach house is surrounded by two canals. The map also shows four large barns outside the castle grounds, one of which contains a gin distillery. The Antonius Chapel of Sinderen is a reminder of this. The chapel and a road in the vicinity of the chapel where remnants of an old castle were found are two of the eight national monuments in Sinderen.
The meadow in front of the farm “D’n Huusboer” is surrounded by the old moat and here you can also find cellars of the castle. In the period 1884 – 1887 a Reformed church was built to the north of the core, which is now part of the PKN, the Keurhorsterkerk. This church is one of the nine municipal monuments of Sinderen.