Echteld is a village in the municipality of Neder-Betuwe with about 1200 inhabitants.
Echteld has ten entries in the national register. Two concern the Reformed Church with its inventory and tower, four farms, and the other four concern the bridge, the building, the park and the courtyard of Castle Wijenburg. It is not known when this castle was founded, but the oldest entries date from 1178. From 1272 it belonged to the Van Wijhe family, until the male line died in 1751. The castle came through marriages and again extinction of a family to the baron of Verschuer who donated the castle in 1956 to the foundation of the Friends of the Geldersche Kasteelen Foundation. Today, the castle is used as a wedding and party venue.
There are some eateries in the village and Echteld is also surrounded by meadows. There are dykes in the area (by bicycle distance) and the Waal is even further. During the summer there is a pontje from Druten to the other side of the Waal. The dikes offer great opportunities for hiking or cycling, possibly to nearby larger places for activities such as swimming and visiting Ouwehands Zoo in Rhenen. The Lingemeer and the River Linge are also well accessible from Echteld.