Berg and Dal is a village in the municipality of Groesbeek. Including outside area there are about 2,000 people in the village. During the Roman era, the explosives were used in the vicinity of Berg and Dal for the construction of the Roman aqueduct to water the Legion on the Hunerberg.
Berg and Dal was attracted to tourists in the second half of the 19th century. In 1869, the well-known Groot Berg and Dal hotel was built for a design by architect Cornelis Outshoorn, which was demolished in 1971: there is now a similar apartment building. The village was connected to the Nijmeeg steam train in 1891. Many of the villas were built around the village, including Stollenberg house (only the coach house) and Villa de Wychert (1907), both registered as a national monument . Some of them have been raised in chalet style. In some villas there were monasteries, for example in Huyse de Uleput (montfortans), Huis Herwarden (Brothers of Mercy of Saint Joannes de Deo), De Kitselenberg (Daughters of Wisdom).
Berg and Dal received a relief church in 1927, which became parish church in 1947. Later in 1966 a new church building was erected for the design of architect J. Strik.
Sights in the village include the Africa Museum, Park Tivoli Amusement Park and Roman Aqueduct at Berg and Dal.