Goingarijp - in the Friesian official Goaiïngaryp - is a village in the municipality of The Friese Lakes with about 250 inhabitants. Until 2014 the village belonged to the municipality of Skarsterlân.
Until the municipal reorganization in 1984, Goingarijp was part of the former municipality of Doniawerstal. The name Goingarijp is derived from Goai (a personal name), gea (village) and frost (strip). Goingarijp is at the end of mining strips, which originated in the village of Goënga.
Next to the church is one of the bell-chairs in Friesland. On the northeast side of the village has been a restored American windmill since 2007.
One of the most distinctive features of Goingarijp is still its beautiful location on the Goëngarijpsterpoelen, a side lake of the Sneekermeer. At the Goingarijp sluice there is a water sports restaurant. The village also has two small marinas, a boat rental company and a sailing school. Since 2002, it is located in Ballingbuer (this is a region belonging to Goingarijp) It Schildhûs. This is a shelter for turtles.
In addition, Goingarijp has two entries in the national monument register: The Church of Goingarijp and its bell-chair, both from 1770. The 1770's church church was built to replace an earlier church. The interior is covered by a pitch vault. The stained glass was made by Ype Staak from Sneek. The organ of the sixties of the 20th century was made by the firm Vierdag in Enschede. In the cloak chair a door cast by Geert van Wou hangs from 1527. The church has no church function since 1978. Church and bell-chair are national monuments and are owned by the Alde Fryske Cherken Foundation.