Wapse is a village in the Dutch province of Drenthe, municipality of Westerveld, with about 700 inhabitants. The village is located approximately 21 kilometers northwest of Hoogeveen, between Vledder and Diever, on the edge of National Park Drents-Friese Wold. The village was part of the town of Diever until 1998.
Wapse is found in literature from 1447, but the meaning of the name is unknown. Wapse became the ribbon built village of Wapserveen during the Middle Ages and the exploitation of a stream valley.
Wapse has one entry in the national monuments record: a farm from 1860 with a sidebar and hipped roof. This farm can be found on the Veenhuizerweg. Three municipal monuments remain in Wapse, including a house from approximately 1920 on the Rollestraat, a dairy farm (Ons Belang) on the Ten Darperweg, and a Tolhuis from about 1880, also situated on the Ten Darperweg.
Most of the houses in Wapse are spread along the Ten Darperweg (N855) and are surrounded by meadows with a few pieces of forest in between. Larger forest areas are at very short distance from Wapse, including to the north of Diever. There are also some waters near Wapse, including Kwasloot, Vledder Aa, and the Slingergruppe.