Westbroek is a former municipality and small village in the municipality of De Bilt, in the Dutch province of Utrecht. The village is located in a rural area north of the city of Utrecht and west of Maartensdijk. Westbroek has about 1000 inhabitants.
Westbroek's ribbon building borders the polders; Polder Achttienhoven, Kerkeindse Polder and Polder Westbroek in the north, and Polder de Kooi and the Molenpolder nature reserve in the south. The far east of Westbroek is the former residence of Achttienhoven and a little further towards Maartensdijk is the small residence Achterwetering.
The exploitation of Westbroek was assigned to the gentlemen of the neighboring Columns by the bishop of Utrecht. Westbroek would therefore remain connected to Zuilen for many years. The mining had as a basis the Zogwetering along the Green Hill, after which another three phases were carried out to exploit the area. In 1467, the construction of the church began, after which in 1477 Westbroek and Achttienhoven were divorced from the parish of Saint Jacob in Utrecht and Westbroek became a full-fledged parish. In 1481 the armies of Utrecht and Holland fought here in the Battle of Westbroek.
Westbroek has a protected village view. At the village there is the somewhat dilapidated De Kraai corn mill. This mill from 1880 is one of the eleven national monuments that Westbroek counts. The other ten national monuments include a 19th century dune, a 20th century dune, a 17th century farmhouse and the Dutch Reformed 15th century church.