Kaag is a village in the municipality of Kaag and Braassem, located on the Kagereiland in the Kagerplassen, with about 400 inhabitants. The only way to get there is from Buitenkaag with a pontoon on the ring road of the Haarlemmermeer. In summer there is a lot of tourism, thanks to the extensive possibilities for water sports. However, only a small number of residents depend on tourism, most of the inhabitants are employed outside the island.
Prominent on the island is Royal van Lent Shipyard, part of Feadship, builders of mega yachts. The shipyard has been located on the island since 1849, and the pilot is a landscaping construction on the island. The island attracted several artists, such as Cornelis Vreedenburgh, Abram Segaar and Marinus Heijnes.
The name Kaghe or Caghe, which means "foreign country", originates for the first time in 1308. Until the end of the 16th century, Kaag was the largest village in the Alkemade area. However, because it is an island, it does not have much growth potential.
The chapel has been on the island early, which was used as an outpost of the Roman Catholic parish in Sassenheim until 1559. In 1608 the first minister began to occupy a church in 1618 with a built-in tower with one loudspeaker and a windshield on the spire. This church would serve more than 250 years. In 1873 the church was demolished. On the foundations, the current Dutch Reformed Church is being built, which is initiated in 1874. In 2008, the interior is completely renovated, as well as the consistory and Kerkwijck. An aula was also built. The church itself is not a national monument, but some parts of the inventory are such as a copper reader on the pulpit and a preacher lecturer.