Accommodations in Neerkant

One side is a village in the municipality of Deurne, located in North Brabant on the border with Limburg, near Meijel.

Downside as a village is still young. Only around 1890, Neerkant received a village center near the former hamlet of Moostdijk. After the construction of church and monastery at the end of the 19th century, a real village can be spoken. On the other hand, in 1890 became an independent parish. To that end, Neerkant consisted of a series of hamlets on a narrow debris back.

The first church was taken on May 16, 1891 by pastor Van Erp. After that, the village grew steadily. There were two mills (a steam turbine mill and a wind turbine mill), a Boerenbond, Boerenleenbank and a dairy factory.

On the other hand lies a high northwest-southeast-facing deck sandrug between two marshy highland areas, the Deurnese Peel and the Limburg Peel. In the mid-nineteenth century, the region began to systematically win the cattle for fuel. The area was made accessible to large-scale turf mining. Grooves and slots are fired for drainage and ponds for the discharge of the peat. Thus, large parts of De Peel were dug out, often to the underlying layer of sand. Traces of this large-scale painting are still clearly visible in De Groote Peel.

North of Neerkant flows the Heitrakse Loop. This is a dug watercourse that leads to the Astronomical Aa. The last river flows west of the deck sands where Neerkant is situated. Between the river and Neerkant lies an elongated but narrow forest area: The Neerkantsbossen. To the southwest lies the Groote Peel and in the north is the Heitrakse Peel. To the east is also the Peel area Het Zinkske, which is part of the management unit Deurnsche Peel.

 
 
Secure online payment withbancontactbanktransfercreditcardidealsofort
 

               

Copyright 1993 - 2018 | Centrum voor Groepsaccommodaties

Reservation system by Booking Experts