Accommodations in Cromvoirt

The name Cromvoirt consists of the crom and voirt sections. The latter means a ford in a river or stream (probably the Cromvoirt-flowing Zandleij). In combination with crom the meaning becomes: Ford at the curve of a river or stream. The oldest known game mode is Crumvoert.

The settlement Cromvoirt must originate around 1100 on the transition from higher sandy soils and the low-flow stream of the Meuse. In order to prevent floods, the village was protected by a ring dike. This is still seen in the landscape as the Cromvoirtse Dijk. The dike was not always reliable and water pollution was a lot. Even in 1741 there was still a nuisance of this plaetse because the Doerbraek in the dike.

The oldest document in the name of Cromvoirt is a state act of 1312. Cromvoirt belonged to the Quarter of Oisterwijk of the Dairy of 's-Hertogenbosch. Administratively, it formed a unit with Vught and as such, it delivered two shovels to the Vughtse Ship Bank.

In Cromvoirt there was a chapel dedicated to Saint-Hubert, which was at least in 1485. She was a member of the Saint Lambert Parish in Vught. However, in 1648 the chapel was closed by the state government. At the end of the 18th century the chapel collapsed and the turret was finally demolished in 1824. In 1717, Cromvoirt became an independent parish that was also dedicated to Saint Lambert and used a barn church. Cromvoirt had then in 1888 the current Saint Lambert church was built to a design by Carl Weber. After its tower was inflated in 1944, a lower tower was built instead.

Between 1811 and 1933, Cromvoirt was an independent municipality, which also included the neighborhood Deuteren. The municipality weapon, established in 1818, showed the Holy Lambbert. This weapon is not derived from an old seal, as it did not exist. The municipal council initially held a meeting with the secretary at home, and later in the schoolhouse. Only in 1899, Cromvoirt got a town hall that was located on St. Lambert's street and still exists. The design of this came from Nijmeeg's architect Derk Semmelink. The municipality, due to its small size, experienced financial problems.

On January 1, 1933, Cromvoirt became part of the municipality of Vught, while Deuteren was added to the municipality of 's-Hertogenbosch. The town then had 687 inhabitants.

 
Secure online payment withbancontactbanktransfercreditcardidealsofort
 

               

Copyright 1993 - 2019 | Centrum voor Groepsaccommodaties

Reservation system by Booking Experts